Common Symptoms of Anxiety in La Porte County
Are you concerned you or a loved one has an anxiety disorder in La Porte County? Anxiety disorders can develop after traumatic situations and cause many emotional challenges. Without proper treatment, this can negatively impact a person’s health. As a result, it’s important to find effective treatments as quickly as possible. Spotting symptoms of an anxiety disorder early can help you or your loved one cope better in daily life.
Symptoms often appear unexpectedly and can strike suddenly. Anxiety triggers often bring back traumatic memories. While these can vary, they may include hearing a loud noise, seeing a specific image or smelling a certain scent.
- Feelings of stress or fear related to a traumatic experience
- Re-living of events in the form of flashbacks
- Nightmares about an event or experience
- Fear and worry that impact the ability to complete normal daily tasks
- Avoidance of specific situations associated with trauma
- Not enjoying life as much as before
- Feelings of detachment or emotional numbness
- Difficulty concentrating
- Bursts of anger or violence
- Isolation due to fear of leaving home
- Physical pain that worsens throughout the day
- Withdrawal from previous pastimes
- Loss of appetite
During anxiety counseling services, a therapist can provide a support system and encourage recovery. In this judgement-free space, a professional can provide the necessary resources and guidance.
Looking for Anxiety Counseling near La Porte County?
Whatever your situation, the professionals at INTreatment can help. Our counselors are highly trained and experienced, with the knowledge and skills we need to provide a wide range of affordable services. Patients regularly depend on us for assistance with addiction, couple therapy, eating disorders, depression, adolescent issues, trauma, grief and loss. Contact us today with questions or to schedule an appointment.